“The pandemic completely upended the notion of going to work and left in its place a patchwork of work-from-home and hybrid options.
…in the pandemic, a lot of people who never dreamed that they could do their jobs from anywhere but their office discovered actually — they can! And now, in survey after survey, employees have made clear: They don’t want to be back in the office full-time.
So for all of you who are able to keep a hybrid work schedule, we have some tips on how to make it work.”
This NPR article proposes 5 tips on how to construct a healthy, successful hybrid work model. In brief summary, one should follow these steps:
- Don’t expect all things to be equal. Hybrid work is all about customization.
- Be prepared to negotiate. Try seeing it from your boss’s perspective.
- Connect with your colleagues early and often.
- Create identical work spaces at home and the office.
- Build trust by getting to know your colleagues.
READ MORE over at NPR